Wildlife.ai values users and takes their (users’) privacy seriously. We also want you to feel comfortable using our website. It is important that you understand how we collect, use, and maintain your information.
The Service is an online environmental and technology literacy tool provided by Wildlife.ai.
In order to provide the Service, the Website, and to otherwise conduct its business, Wildlife.ai may collect some personal information about you. Personal information is information that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name and email address.
This policy does not apply to other entities that we do not own or control or persons that are not our employees, agents, or within our control.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person), and includes personal data, personally identifiable information and equivalent information under applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Organisation means a school, educational institution, company or other legal entity that facilitates the use of the Service and invites users to use the Service
Private User means an individual accessing the Service for private non-commercial use
Service means the services offered on the Website
User Data means any Content, materials or other information that you post to the Service or provide to us or in connection with accessing the Service
User Submissions means User Data that is intended to be visible to other users
Website means the internet sites Wildlife.ai owns and operates, including www.wildlife.ai and wildlife.ai
Kinds of personal information we collect:
We may collect the following information from the following types of users:
Parents and legal guardians
If you are a parent or legal guardian and your child is using the Services through a school program, we may collect the username and email address from your child.
We may collect your username and email address.
We may also collect personal information generated by your use of the Services, such as transactional information, test results from quizzes, surveys and your behaviour while using the Service.
The ways we collect personal information:
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in different ways including:
- through your access and use of our Website, including when you fill in a contact or enquiry form or sign up to our newsletter or other electronic alerts;
- during conversations between you and our representatives (including telephone phone and email); or
- when you use the Services, including when you create an account, respond to surveys or quizzes and post User Submissions.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not, or a third party described above does not, provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the Services to you (either to the same standard or at all);
- we may not be able to provide you with information about Services that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our Website or Services to your preferences and your experience using these may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Your response to a survey collecting demographic information such as your ethnicity, age, or any personal questions about you or your family’s financial situation is always optional and will not impact the quality of the Services or your experience with the Website.
Use of personal information:
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions (such as providing you with the Services and Website) and to provide the best quality of customer service.
The personal information provided to us is collected, and may be used, for:
- providing or improving the Service and Website (including processing or responding to any request or complaint made by you);
- monitoring Service and Website usage and compliance with any contracts you have entered into with us;
- carrying out internal research and development;
- providing information to you about additional products or services that may be of interest to you (including direct marketing);
- compliance with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country; or
- for any other purpose authorised by you or applicable law.
In addition to any circumstances allowing us to use or disclose personal information under the Privacy Laws, we may use or disclose your personal information where reasonably necessary to investigate any complaint or to protect your, our or another person’s rights or safety.
Disclosure of personal information:
We may disclose your information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our Website, our business or the Services, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide the Services and Website to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT system administrators, mailing houses, couriers, and professional advisors (such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants),
- persons who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a law enforcement agency or regulatory authority) or authorised by applicable law; and
- any other person for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Collection and use of aggregate personal information
You agree that we may retain and aggregate personal information, including your User Data and User Submissions, for marketing purposes and may provide aggregate personal information to third parties, provided that such use does not enable the identification of any individual, i.e. is anonymised.
International transfer of personal information:
A business that supports our website, products and services may be located outside of New Zealand (the country where we are incorporated) and also outside of the country where you are located. This means that the personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored in, a country outside of New Zealand and the country where you are located.
Protecting your personal information:
As required by applicable law, we will take steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks inherent in processing personal information.
You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used in relation to our products and services. You should not disclose your password to third parties.
- you must immediately notify us; and
- we may at our discretion take such steps as are reasonably available to us to identify that unauthorised person and to prevent that access.
The cookies we use may be first party cookies (i.e. set by us) or third party cookies (i.e. cookies set on our website by a person other than us). The third party companies that place cookies on our website will have their own privacy policies.
From time to time we may test new features and make subtle changes to the way the Service is presented. When we are testing new features, cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience while using the Service, whilst also ensuring we understand which changes our users appreciate the most.
Accessing or updating your personal information:
You have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions (for example, where disclosure would interfere with the privacy of others or breach confidentiality). If you believe any information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request that it be amended. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with a suitable means of accessing it (for example, by emailing it to you).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request access to or update your personal information. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information to be corrected and the correction that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post a User Submission, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Data retention policy:
The personal information that we collect and use will not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is collected, or for the duration required for compliance with applicable law, whichever is longer.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us at email@example.com and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Please make this request in writing. We will attempt to confirm with you as appropriate and necessary your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation and who will handle the investigation process.
After we have completed our investigation, we will contact you to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.